Re: New Portal in Place, DNS switched ...

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Neil Conway" <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>,<pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New Portal in Place, DNS switched ...
Date: 2003-01-05 23:05:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Don't get me wrong, I personnally would prefer to remove them, however
unless we get suitable corporate sponsorship the servers still have to
be paid for somehow. Purely speculation, but I would guess that the ads
are not recouping all of the cash it costs hub.org to host the sites as
it is.

> In fact, there are several groups that provide free hosting
> for OSS projects, without requiring them to display ads on
> their webpages (e.g. SourceForge, Savannah, etc.)

You're surely not suggesting that the various postgresql.org servers and
everything they do could be moved onto free space supplied by
Sourceforge or similar? I don't think they'd want to host Gborg for us
:-)

Regards, Dave.

Next:From: Neil ConwayDate: 2003-01-05 23:58:49