Re: int types migrated one level lower

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Reshat Sabiq" <sabiq(at)purdue(dot)edu>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: int types migrated one level lower
Date: 2002-12-29 20:26:42
Lists: pgadmin-support

Not really as Access and ADO are not the same thing. I've checked the
pgAdmin code, and as I said, all it does is to map the ADO-presented
datatype to the PostgreSQL datatype selected in the type map. The code
sample below shows the default vaues (if you read it right - the Case
line is the ADO type without the 'ad' prefix, and the Temp = line is the
default PostgreSQL type):

Case "BigInt"
Temp = "int8"
Case "Binary"
Temp = "text"
Case "Boolean"
Temp = "bool"
Case "BSTR"
Temp = "bytea"
Case "Chapter"
Temp = "int4"
Case "Char"
Temp = "char"
Case "Currency"
Temp = "money"
Case "Date"
Temp = "date"
Case "DBDate"
Temp = "date"
Case "DBTime"
Temp = "time"
Case "DBTimestamp"
Temp = "timestamp"
Case "Decimal"
Temp = "numeric"
Case "Numeric" ' AM 20020110 Added adNumeric
Temp = "numeric"
Case "Double"
Temp = "float8"
Case "Empty"
Temp = "text"
Case "Error"
Temp = "int4"
Case "FileTime"
Temp = "timestamp"
Case "GUID"
Temp = "text"
Case "Integer"
Temp = "int4"
Case "LongVarBinary"
Temp = "lo"
Case "LongVarChar"
Temp = "text"
Case "LongVarWChar"
Temp = "text"
Case "PropVariant"
Temp = "text"
Case "Single"
Temp = "float4"
Case "SmallInt"
Temp = "int2"
Case "TinyInt"
Temp = "int2"
Case "UnsignedBigInt"
Temp = "int8"
Case "UnsignedInt"
Temp = "int4"
Case "UnsignedSmallInt"
Temp = "int2"
Case "UnsignedTinyInt"
Temp = "int2"
Case "UserDefined"
Temp = "text"
Case "VarBinary"
Temp = "lo"
Case "VarChar"
'1/16/2001 Rod Childers
'Changed VarChar to default to VarChar
'Text in Access is = VarChar in PostgreSQL
'Memo in Access is = text in PostgreSQL
'Temp = "text"
Temp = "varchar"
Case "VarWChar"
'1/16/2001 Rod Childers
'Changed VarWChar to default to VarChar
'Text in Access is = VarChar in PostgreSQL
'Memo in Access is = text in PostgreSQL
Temp = "varchar"
Case "WVar"
Temp = "text"

What version of Access are you using? Can you send me a schema-only MDB
file to play with?

Regards, Dave.