Re: kinda weird

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pippo(at)bellnet(dot)ca>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: kinda weird
Date: 2002-12-02 08:26:46
Lists: pgadmin-support

That normally means that either the host details you have entered are
incorrect, or the postmaster on the server wasn't started with TCP/IP
enabled.

> Same problem trying to access either of two servers.
> On one of them, I get the message that there is no "test" database
> installed. So what, I don't need it and am not trying to
> connect to it.

pgAdmin will only attempt to connect to databases you select, or the
master database specified under Tools -> Options -> PostgreSQL.

> pgAdmin version 1.4.2 running on Win2k; connecting to FreeBSD
> 4.7 running
> pgsql 7.2.3
>
> During installation, several files could not be "updated" by pgAdmin
> installation: hh.exe, hhctrl.ocx, itircl.dll and itss.dll
> with the comment
> that they are protected by the system and I should upgrade my OS. The
> former 2 seem to deal with help files, the last two, I don't
> know. Yet the
> message after the installation is that the installation was
> successful...
> kinda weird, if ya ask me....

No, that's the Microsoft Installer being overly alarming. The
installation was successful.

> I do not recall such problems with my previous installation.
> All seemed to
> work well.

On your previous install, I bet you weren't running Win2K SP2.

Regards, Dave.

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2002-12-02 09:10:52