Re: Deploying ODBC for Postgres

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Benjamin Scherrey" <scherrey(at)proteus-tech(dot)com>,<pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Deploying ODBC for Postgres
Date: 2002-11-17 20:48:28
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi Ben,

You can do this through a login script and/or regedit. Copy the
psqlodbc.dll to the windows system directory on each PC, then insert the
appropriate registry settings. You will need to install those for the
driver and the DSN - some sample registry entries are shown below. One
thing to watch out for, non-admins cannot usually write these entries on
w2k/xp due to the default permissions on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Another option is to use msiexec.exe from the command line/login script
to automatically run the psqlodbc installer, in silent mode. Check the
Microsoft documentation for the msiexec command line options.

Regards, Dave.

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Robert John ShepherdDate: 2002-11-17 22:15:18