Re: [HACKERS] ODBC problem/question

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Sebastian Hetze" <s(dot)hetze(at)linux-ag(dot)de>
Cc: <michael(dot)meskes(at)credativ(dot)de>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] ODBC problem/question
Date: 2002-09-12 10:27:45
Lists: pgsql-odbc
[Please keep the thread on-list]

Hi Sebastian,

> I am about to start working on the implementation /
> completion of the SQLProcedureColums call. I took both the
> old psqlodbcplus sources from Kevin Kemp and the current
> psqlodbc from CVS. Kevins sources compiled with M$ Visual C++
> 6.0, the psqlodbc did not - complaining about a missing postgres.h

Hmm, yes I'm seeing that in the IDE as well. It's probably because we
recently moved the driver from the main PostgreSQL CVS to it's own. I
need to check the instructions for compiling in the IDE - unfortunately
I don't have time right now.

It does work from the command line though:

nmake /f win32.mak CFG=MultibyteRelease (for the Standard driver -
PostgreSQL)
nmake /f win32_30.mak CFG=MultibyteODBC30 (for the ODBC3 driver -
PostgreSQL+)
nmake /f win32_30w.mak CFG=Unicode30 (for the ODBC3 Unicode driver -
PostgreSQL+ Beta)

> The DLL I got from compiling Kevins sources did not work
> when I replaced the original one from the binary distribution
> package, obvoiusly missing some resources.
>
> So, obviously, I am a little clueless about this Windows
> development stuff. Can you please help me to get things
> going. Which branch of the psqlodbc is the one to start with?
> Can you give me a short briefing on how to build a
> installable package for Windows?

Checkout CVS tip from
:pserver:anonymous(at)gborg(dot)postgresql(dot)org:/usr/local/cvsroot/psqlodbc
(password: anonymous)

Hack away, then use vc++'s nmake as described above to build. Check the
top of the makefiles for other build options (debug).

Patches in diff -c format please :-)

Regards, Dave.

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Chris GamacheDate: 2002-09-12 16:44:41