Re: A few questions

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Jai Beales" <JaiBeales(at)identilam(dot)co(dot)uk>,<pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: A few questions
Date: 2002-09-11 10:46:41
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Yes, I've done this quite successfully. Just make sure that the port and
data directory are definately not the same.

> Are there any issues with the number of databases created? As
> well as one large one for browser access I would like to have
> many small client specific db's for direct ODBC connections.

Not to my knowledge.

> Has any one tried stress testing with many ODBC connections
> to postgres (obviously i can do this myself and will!)?

An ODBC connection isn't really any different from any other TCP/IP
connection. I'm sure others have more stressed systems than me, but I've
never had any trouble with up to 80 or so connections on a dual PIII
933MHz, 1Gb system. In fact, it barely breaks a sweat.

Regards, Dave.

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2002-09-11 12:55:44