Re: idea for comboimage

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "frank_lupo" <frank_lupo(at)email(dot)it>
Cc: "pgadmin-hackers" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: idea for comboimage
Date: 2002-08-22 09:19:44
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Hmm, still doesn't help. I fiddled around with it and found that this
works a treat:

Option Explicit
Private Sub Form_Load()
Dim ii As Integer

    ImageCombo1.ComboItems.Clear
    For ii = 1 To 10
        ImageCombo1.ComboItems.Add ii, "key" & ii, ii & "pippo", 1
    Next
End Sub

Private Sub ImageCombo1_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer)
Dim bInCombo As Boolean
Dim ii As Integer
Dim lLen As Long
Dim szKeyAsciiPress As String

    If KeyAscii <> vbKeyReturn Then
        szKeyAsciiPress = LCase(Chr(KeyAscii))
        lLen = Len(szKeyAsciiPress)
        bInCombo = False
        For ii = 1 To ImageCombo1.ComboItems.Count
            If LCase(Left(ImageCombo1.ComboItems(ii).Text, lLen)) =
szKeyAsciiPress Then
                bInCombo = True
                ImageCombo1.ComboItems(ii).Selected = True
                Exit For
            End If
        Next
      End If
End Sub

What would be really nice though, is if the combobox were unlocked, it
did a sort of auto-complete type thing. There are some places where the
box is unlocked to allow the user to type in stuff themselves.

Regards, Dave.