Re: Tables/Columns in upper-case?

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Jeff Eckermann" <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>, "Stephen Frost" <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, "Andre Felipe Machado" <andremachado(at)techforce(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Tables/Columns in upper-case?
Date: 2004-01-22 08:48:00
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Nope, no migration wizard in pga3. :-( If there are any bored C++
programmers out there though...

As for the quotes, neither psqlodbc or PostgreSQL will fold them to
uppercase - Access must be doing that.

The rule is, if unquoted, an object name may contain a through z, 0
though 9 or an underscore. If you try to use upper case characters, they
will be folded to lowercase by the server. To use uppercase, or any
other characters in identifiers you must quote them.

Regards, Dave.