Re: bug in pgadmin III

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>,"Michiel Lange" <Michiel_Lange(at)actuera(dot)com>,<pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: bug in pgadmin III
Date: 2003-11-18 08:04:29
Lists: pgadmin-support

Yeah, but the idea is to encrypt client-side to prevent sending
passwords over the wire in cleartext. The can be loaded from a dump
pre-hashed, so why can't we set them that way for a little extra
security?

> Your SQL view should show whatever PostgreSQL's pg_dump shows I think.

Agreed. Normally, I would hope that is a hash...

Regards, Dave

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2003-11-18 08:06:05