I'm pleased to announce the release of pgAdmin II 1.3.76. This is the
second release from the 1.3 development code.
pgAdmin II is an open source PostgreSQL database design and management
tool for Windows platforms. Further information and downloads can be
found at http://www.pgadmin.org/.
This release includes extensive changes to support schemas in the
upcoming 7.3 release of PostgreSQL. Testing on both current and
development versions of PostgreSQL is encouraged - any bug reports
should be sent to the support mailing list:
Changes in this release include:
- Fixed a bug that attempted to access inaccessible databases when
clicked on in the treeview.
- Use doubles instead of longs to cope with very large OIDs.
- Fixed a bug that caused an error if the pgAdmin window was too small
when the listview was populated.
- Don't class 'public' as a system schema.
- Don't throw an error when changing Not Null/Primary Key on a new
column in an existing table.
- Don't allow (attempted) alteration of certain column attributes in
- Fixed some errors in the function editor.
- Raise errors properly from pgSchema.
- Only quote identifiers in datagrid update queries when required.
- Allow use of numeric identifiers.
- Fixed a bug that prevented renaming columns.
- Fixed an error that occured when clicking on the Relationships node
under a Foreign Key.
- Fixed a bug that prevented updating of Sequence values.
- Display object counts in the treeview immediately now we know them in
- Handle dates/time formats supported by Windows, not just those
supported by PostgreSQL (particuarly those that use . seperators)
- Allow use of F5 to execute SQL queries (Andy Kelk).
- If SQL is highlighted in the SQL textbox, execute only that, not the
whole query (Andy Kelk).
- Fixed a bug where an SQL file got overwritten if the user clicked
- Added DROP COLUMN support (Wahoo!).
- Don't display ON UPDATE/ON DELETE clauses in Foreign Keys if
- Fixed broken error handling in pgSchema.
The Migration Wizard (distributed seperately under GPL) has also been
- Correctly clear CREATE SEQUENCE sql. [John McCawley]
- Check the Migration type in a more sensible way. [John McCawley]
- Insert empty values correctly to avoid errors by not inserting into
NOT NULL columns.
pgsql-announce by date
|Next:||From: Marc G. Fournier||Date: 2002-08-21 23:16:27|
|Subject: libpq++ and libpqxx moved to GBorg ...|
|Previous:||From: Bruce Momjian||Date: 2002-08-19 04:01:22|
|Subject: Nice article on open-source databases|
pgadmin-hackers by date
|Next:||From: frank_lupo||Date: 2002-08-19 17:56:23|
|Subject: report in vb|
|Previous:||From: John McCawley||Date: 2002-08-06 16:09:14|
|Subject: Re: Introduction|
pgadmin-support by date
|Next:||From: Armbrust, Daniel C.||Date: 2002-08-19 16:53:24|
|Subject: Re: pgAdmin 1.3.76|
|Previous:||From: Dave Page||Date: 2002-08-17 17:27:42|
|Subject: Re: can pgadmin prompt you for data to enter into query / exporter for Openoffice|