Re: Open Sourcing pgManage

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <jm(at)poure(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Open Sourcing pgManage
Date: 2003-11-05 12:58:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Very true :-)

> BTW, pgadmin could improve its Linux coverage somewhat by a)
> providing
> RPMs for versions of RedHat before 9,

Unfortunately we are somewhat limited to the boxes that our developers
have available, however if anyone can help out with additional
ports/distributions we would welcome them and help out in any way we
can.

> or at least providing
> SRPMs that
> can be built on such platforms,

I believe they should do know - Jean-Michel, were you looking at this?

> and b) getting pgadmin
> included in the
> fedora package set.

I only heard about Fedora about 20 minutes ago! Jean-Michel, do you have
any contacts that might be able to help with this?

> Anyway, CommandPrompt have apparently done something cool and
> they are
> donating it and we should all be happy, no? :-)

With my PostgreSQL hat on, yes, it's a good thing. With my pgAdmin hat,
no, it's a bad thing!

Regards, Dave.