Re: Open Sourcing pgManage

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>,"PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Open Sourcing pgManage
Date: 2003-11-05 08:38:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Maybe not, but you can easily run pgAdmin remotely over X if you have a
need to run it locally on a remote server. I've done so a number of
times and found it quite usable on my cheapo DSL line at home.

> And, as Joshua pointed out it could with some work be made to
> run as an applet, which would be very cool for, say, an ISP
> to provide (nothing at all required for the user to install).

Yeah, I agree X is not a solution to that. phpPgAdmin is though...

> Don't get me wrong - pgadmin is cool - I especially recommend
> it to my Windows oriented clients and colleagues who hate
> using command lines.

Why not your Linux or FreeBSD oriented colleagues? It runs just as well
on those platforms.

Regards, Dave.

Next:From: Neil ConwayDate: 2003-11-05 09:24:45