The pgAdmin Development Team are pleased to announce the release of pgAdmin III v1.0.1,, an Open Source management and administration tool for the PostgreSQL Object Relational Database Management System. This is an update to the recent 1.0.0 release to address some minor issues, specifically:
- Update PostgreSQL docs to 7.4Beta4
- Fix ReadOnly security tab on object dialogues
- Fix encoding when connecting
- Set cache value correctly when creating sequences.
- Display/use char instead of bpchar.
- Fixed the frogfrog constraint (doubling of names).
- Fix Unique Constraint creation
- Reconnect to databases properly after failed attempt to drop.
- Column DEFAULT fix
- Fix quoting for key in EditGrid
- client encoding SQL_ASCII for server SQL_ASCII
- Correctly quote table names when creating indexes.
- Display new triggers correctly in the treeview.
- Allow creation of triggers with functions in schemas not in the search path.
In addition, a non-Unicode binary is also now available for Windows 95/98/ME.
pgAdmin III can be downloaded from http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/download.php
About pgAdmin III
pgAdmin III is the latest generation of the pgAdmin application. Originally released in 1997, pgAdmin is used by tens of thousands of developers worldwide. The third generation release includes features such as:
- Support for Windows, Linux and BSD platforms.
- Support for Unicode/Multibyte databases.
- Management of multiple servers in a single session.
- SSL encryption.
- Fast, multi-threaded query tool with query plan display.
- Data viewing/editting grid.
- Database object browser and create/edit tools for virtually all PostgreSQL object types
- Translations into nearly 30 languages including Afrikaans, Bulgarian, Danish, English, German, Greek, Spanish, Farsi, French, Galician, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese-Brazilian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Serbian, Swedish, Turkish, Chinese simplified and Chinese traditional.
- Searchable online documentation including context sensitive links directly into relevant sections of the supplied PostgreSQL 7.4 documentation.
- Database maintenance tools including:
For more details, please visit the pgAdmin website:
Binary distributions for various Linux platforms, FreeBSD and Windows 2000/XP/2003, as well as the source code can be downloaded from your favourite PostgreSQL FTP mirror:
pgAdmin III is released under the Artistic Licence.
pgsql-announce by date
|Next:||From: Joshua D. Drake||Date: 2003-10-17 20:46:25|
|Subject: Writers Wanted|
|Previous:||From: Robert Treat||Date: 2003-10-16 16:19:01|
|Subject: == PostgreSQL Weekly News - October 15th 2003 ==|
pgadmin-hackers by date
|Next:||From: Dave Page||Date: 2003-10-17 16:17:31|
|Subject: Re: acinclude Patch|
|Previous:||From: Andreas Pflug||Date: 2003-10-17 13:46:43|
|Subject: Re: Font debugging code|
pgadmin-support by date
|Next:||From: Dave Page||Date: 2003-10-17 17:43:54|
|Subject: Re: pgAdmin III v1.0.1 Released|
|Previous:||From: Andrae Muys||Date: 2003-10-17 05:00:51|
|Subject: Re: connection dropping|