Re: Keep-alive?

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <mark(at)nsa(dot)co(dot)il>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Keep-alive?
Date: 2003-10-08 11:06:56
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Mark,

Neither pgAdmin nor PostgreSQL implement any kind of connection timeout.
Communication is via a TCP connection which is maintained by the TCP
stack on the client and the server. If you are getting disconnected from
your server, then I would guess that there is something else on your
network causing the problem. Ar you working across any ISDN links or
similar?

Regards, Dave.

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Mark RappoportDate: 2003-10-08 11:18:56
Previous:From: Mark RappoportDate: 2003-10-08 11:01:23
Subject: Keep-alive?