Re: WIN ODBC 7.03.01.0000 & MD5

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Jeff Silberberg" <jsilberberg(at)mindspring(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WIN ODBC 7.03.01.0000 & MD5
Date: 2003-06-02 13:25:00
Lists: pgsql-odbc

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Silberberg [mailto:jsilberberg(at)mindspring(dot)com]
Sent: 02 June 2003 14:00
To: Dave Page

Dave,

Thank you for the quick reply ! Usually, do use the list. But
with all the changes lately between domains and things, www.pgaccess.org
<http://www.pgaccess.org/> and odbc.postgresql.org both seem to be
gone, I figured I would go straight to the barn on this one.

pg_hba.conf
local all all
trust
host all all 127.0.0.1
255.255.255.255 trust
host dapage all 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
md5 <= Normal ODBC and Application Connect..

Results in error message when connecting with the MS Access via
the ODBC driver that appears to indicate that md5 is not supported.
This is a State agency so the md5 is now a must, or the port has to be
closed in the FW...

Hi Jeff,

I tried this on one of my machines before I emailled you, and looked at
that was actually transmitted on the network using Ethereal. Using the
07.03.0100 driver with PostgreSQL 7.3.2, with a 'password' entry in
pg_hba.conf I could see plain text passwords in Ethereal. Changed that
entry to 'md5', and did a 'pg_ctl reload', and now I see the md5
digests.

If that doesn't work for you then I don't know whats up - hopefully
someone on the list might have an idea.

Regards, Dave.

PS http://odbc.postgresql.org is now
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/psqlodbc (as linked from