Re: 'Official' Interfaces

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Justin Clift" <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 'Official' Interfaces
Date: 2003-09-25 11:42:36
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi Justin,

How do we decide which ones to make as official though? There are
currently 2 .NET interfaces out there for example, of which one (Npgsql)
is the official PostgreSQL provider in the Mono source tree (official as
far as Mono is concerned). There has been at least one ODBC driver fork
that I know of, and that was hosted on Gborg as the primary one is.

It seems sensible to point users at one project only - I don't think we
want a situation like MySQL where iirc there used to be a number of
different ODBC drivers, JDBC drivers and OLEDB providers leaving users
confused over which one to choose.

Regards, Dave.