Re: Runtime 50003 Error

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Richard Hurst" <richard(dot)hurst(at)kirklees(dot)gov(dot)uk>,<pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Runtime 50003 Error
Date: 2003-07-18 13:25:15
Lists: pgadmin-support

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Richard Hurst [mailto:richard(dot)hurst(at)kirklees(dot)gov(dot)uk]
	Sent: 18 July 2003 13:12
	To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
	Subject: [pgadmin-support] Runtime 50003 Error

	I have read the previous entries on this in the support forum
and have enclosed the details of the COMCTL32.OCX file that resides on
the PC where pgadmin II is installed.

	it is dated 24/06/1998 00:00

	Is this the version I require or do I have to sort it out
another way.

	I do have the other fiales mentioned in an earlie post COMdlg32,
(22/05/2000) comct232 and comct332 were missing but have been
reinstalled and reregistered these are dated 23/06/1998

	Any help would be grateflly received

Hi Richard,

As you've search the lists I guess you seen how tricky this one can be.
In a nutshell it's almost always caused by mismatched DLLs/OCXs on your
system. On fix that sometimes works (but doesn't hurt) is to reinstall
the VB6 runtimes:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;290887. As
you've seen, you can also get problems from comdlg32, comct232 and
comct332 as well as comctl32 files. Not only should these exist, but
some versions of one require specific versions of the other. The best
way to fix this is to restore them from your original Windows CD rather
than copy them from a another machine or something similar.

BTW, did pgAdmin run before or is this the first time you tried it?

Regards, Dave.

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2003-07-18 13:39:27