Re: Error Message

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Ian Brown" <ian(dot)brown(at)printsoft(dot)de>,<pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <franklupo(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Error Message
Date: 2003-05-28 11:16:58
Lists: pgadmin-support

	Insert your comment:

	The above error is generated by clicking the 'view' toolbar
button on a table of mine called user. I can get the same error using
the SQL winodow...

	In the SQL window:

	select * from user

	gives the error, but

	select * from "user"

	works okay.

Hi,

The problem is that user is a reserved word because it is part of the
SQL syntax. It's usually best to avoid reserved words for object names,
though I appreciate that's not always easy, or what you want.

Frank: It seems to me that the best solution might be to maintain a list
of reserved words and add a check in fmtID to make sure the word is not
in the list. What do you think?

Regards, Dave

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: frank_lupoDate: 2003-05-28 11:56:00
Previous:From: Ian BrownDate: 2003-05-28 10:11:48
Subject: Error Message