Re: Migration form MSACCESS via ODBC

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Ermanno PREDONZAN" <ermanno(dot)predonzan(at)ezit(dot)ts(dot)it>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Migration form MSACCESS via ODBC
Date: 2003-04-03 19:02:50
Lists: pgadmin-support

-----Original Message-----
From: Ermanno PREDONZAN [mailto:ermanno(dot)predonzan(at)ezit(dot)ts(dot)it]
Sent: 03 April 2003 18:48
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] Migration form MSACCESS via ODBC

With Yours DataBase Migration Wizard when trasferring
'data/time' values from MSAccess I have always this warning:

Bad date external representation
"1999-12-16 00.00.00".

Why ?

Because your PostgreSQL installation doesn't understand your local time
format. The latest snapshot should fix this, but due to ISP issues you
will have difficulty getting to the CVS server where the files are. As a
temporary fix, please add the following line to your 'hosts' file:

193.195.77.163 cvs.pgadmin.org

Then is you browse to that website (using the name, not the address), in
the binaries directory you will find instructions for downloading and
installing the latest snapshot. If you have problems, let me know and
I'll email it to you tomorrow when I get to the office.

Regards, Dave.