Re: Editing data.

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Kurt Roeckx" <Q(at)ping(dot)be>, <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Editing data.
Date: 2003-02-03 22:02:26
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Kurt,

pgAdmin doesn't blindly use the first field, it looks for a primary key,
and if found, uses that, otherwise it builds a query based on the
original values of all usable columns. It doesn't currently handle
multipart primary keys, and in this case will try to use the first field
of the key (not the first field overall).

> Could it be made so that it uses the fields of the primary
> keys instead of just the first field?  Or use the old data if
> no primary key is available ...

The fix is on the todo list.

> Also, I'd like to be able to set a record to NULL in it.

This can't easily be done because we have no way to know that the user
wants null as opposed to an empty string. Of course, it cannot be done
for your primary key columns anyway.

Regards, Dave.

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: Rod TaylorDate: 2003-02-03 22:43:00
Previous:From: Kurt RoeckxDate: 2003-02-03 20:00:11
Subject: Editing data.