Re: Strange bug...

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Donald Fraser" <demolish(at)cwgsy(dot)net>,<pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Strange bug...
Date: 2003-01-21 12:28:55
Lists: pgadmin-support
Hi Donald,

This is a feature, not a bug :-)

Seriously, pgAdmin figures out that the index is part of a constraint
and classes it as a system object, therefore hiding it. If you switch on
View System Objects on the View menu, you will see both indexes under
the table. My guess is that pg_dump is not quite so clever and misses
the UNIQUE constraint from the table definition, adding the index
manually instead.

Regards, Dave.