Re: Resizing labels and textareas

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "John Wells" <jb(at)sourceillustrated(dot)com>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Resizing labels and textareas
Date: 2003-01-17 14:42:37
Lists: pgadmin-support

Thanks.

> One question...some labels appear with truncated text. In
> other words, it appears a dialog box or window isn't sized
> large enough to accomodate for all the elements contained
> within, so instead of resizing the window to allow for the
> elements, it appears to shrink the elements to fit the
> window, which renders some of the labels unreadable.

At a guess you have non-standard size fonts configured. There's nothing
wrong with that of course, but some of the labels probably are too small
for larger fonts. I'm working on pgAdmin III now, so I'll bear that in
mind when designing forms (which will be user modifiable anyway though).

> Is there a way to change this behavior? It seems the windows
> don't allow themselves to be resized, so I can't make out a
> few labels. I've also noticed that the top text area on the
> main screen doesn't allow resize as well.

All of the main form is sizable in pgAdmin II v.1.3.0 and above. The
grab rail is at the top of the SQL pane, just below the tabset above.

Regards, Dave.