SQL Maestro Group announces the release of PostgreSQL Maestro 10.4, a
powerful Windows GUI solution for PostgreSQL administration and database
1. Starting with this version it is possible to connect to remote PostgreSQL
servers via SSH tunnel using a key-based authentication (in addition to the
password-based authentication supported in the previous versions). To
establish a remote connection in this way, you have to provide a private key
(either in ssh.com or OpenSSH formats) and (optionally) a passphrase. This
version also introduces support for both SSH-1 and SSH-2 protocols (whereas
all the previous versions supported only SSH-1).
2. This version of the software has been successfully tested with Postgres
Plus 8.x (both standard and advanced server).
3. Support for ascending and descending indexes and NULLS FIRST/LAST has
been added (PostgreSQL 8.3+).
4. SQL Script Editor: notices and warning messages generated by the server
are now bound to source SQL statements. Also displaying of such messages now
can be disabled.
5. Support for rules containing several SQL statements has been implemented.
6. Starting with this version PostgreSQL Maestro can execute SQL scripts
containing COPY FROM STDIN statements (like psql does).
7. The Script Runner window can now be invoked directly from the Tools menu.
Also the productivity of this tool has been significantly improved.
8. Starting with this version it is possible to reorder servers in the
Explorer Tree as well as reorder databases from the same server. You can
also sort servers and databases in an alphabetical order.
9. Now all the database profiles related to the same server may be deleted
10. The Rename Database Profile command has been added to the popup menu.
Use this command to rename a profile without opening its editor.
11. Multi-column sorting has been implemented. To sort data on multiple
columns, use the Advanced Sort command from the grid's header popup menu.
Also we have added support for fixed columns (such columns are displayed
permanently when working with other grid data).
12. SQL Editor: the Go to Line command has been added to the popup menu
(Ctrl+G shortcut). Also field data types are now displayed in the Code
Full press release:
SQL Maestro Group is engaged in developing complete database admin and
management tools for MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2, PostgreSQL, SQL
Anywhere, SQLite, Firebird and MaxDB providing the highest performance,
scalability and reliability to meet the requirements of today's database
The SQL Maestro Group Team
pgsql-announce by date
|Next:||From: Kyle Putnam||Date: 2010-04-21 17:16:29|
|Subject: Piggly: PL/pgSQL code coverage tool|
|Previous:||From: Simon Riggs||Date: 2010-04-20 20:52:56|
|Subject: Clustering, High Availability and Replication Conference - CHAR(10)|