hi.

From: "Janio Rosa da Silva" <janio_2003(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: hi.
Date: 2004-06-20 16:26:53
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I am trying install the postgresql-7.4.3 simple installation. I did ./configure command at the postgresql directory source. While the configuring proccess I receiving the follow message:

checking for tar... /bin/tar
checking for strip... strip
checking whether it is possible to strip libraries... yes
checking for bison... bison -y
*** The installed version of Bison is too old. PostgreSQL needs
*** Bison version 1.875 or later.
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for main in -lbsd... no
checking for setproctitle in -lutil... no
checking for main in -lm... yes

But, after this message the install proccess continue like this message. The problem is that the installation never finish. I am thinking that the configure proccess is in loop. Have it anything relation with my hardware configuration? The computer where I did this is: AMD K6-II 200 MHZ; 64 MB memory;
I would like why the configure proccess never finish.

Regards,

Janio

  • Re: hi. at 2004-06-20 16:57:42 from V i s h a l Kashyap @ [Sai Hertz And Control Systems]