Re: PHP calling PHP?

From: "Steve Werby" <steve-lists(at)befriend(dot)com>
To: "Gyozo Papp" <pgerzson(at)freestart(dot)hu>, "Christian Marschalek" <cm(at)chello(dot)at>
Cc: "[PHP] PostgreSQL" <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PHP calling PHP?
Date: 2001-05-08 04:04:26
Lists: pgsql-php

"Gyozo Papp" <pgerzson(at)freestart(dot)hu> wrote:
> Seriously, If you use either $HTTP_POST_VARS or $HTTP_GET_VARS (respect to
the action)
> 1: you can access the variable with its original name
($HTTP_POST_VARS['foo*bar'], in my example),
> 2: but you can't refer to it as a common global variable like : $foo*bar.
> 3: much more interesting with variable variables, try and see. I don't say
annything ... :)

Also, variables cannot have numbers in their name, but a variable variables
workaround allows them to be used. For example:

You cannot set $1 = "something".

But you can do:

$a = 1;
$$a = "something";
echo $$a; // prints "something".

--
Steve Werby
President, Befriend Internet Services LLC