Re: 7.2.2 on Mac OS 10.2.1 (Darwin 6.0)

From: Benjamin Reed <ranger(at)befunk(dot)com>
To: Jeshua Lacock <jeshua(at)OpenOSX(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.2.2 on Mac OS 10.2.1 (Darwin 6.0)
Date: 2002-10-01 00:23:30
Lists: pgsql-ports
On Monday, September 30, 2002, at 07:46 PM, Jeshua Lacock wrote:

> Otherwise, I get a few "previous declaration" and "redefinition"
> errors.

Yeah, the sem stuff changed.

> However, where I am really running into trouble is, regardless of
> building with or without SSL support, is while attempting to build the
> "src/interfaces/ecpg/lib" directory I get the following:
>
> gcc -traditional-cpp -g -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
> -Wmissing-declarations  -flat_namespace -bundle -undefined suppress
> execute.o typename.o descriptor.o data.o error.o prepare.o memory.o
> connect.o misc.o -L/usr/local/ssl -L../../../../src/interfaces/libpq
> -lpq  -o libecpg.so.3.3.0
> ld: Undefined symbols:
> _crypt referenced from libpq expected to be defined in libcrypto

I'm not sure what could be causing this, but if you want a shortcut, we
have a PostgreSQL package in fink that builds OK.  You may at the very
least want to take a look at the patch file and see if any of the
things we're doing fix your issues (It's been a while since I looked at
the patch, I don't recall specifically what was changed).

You can view the patch in CVS here:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/fink/dists/10.2/
unstable/crypto/finkinfo/postgresql-ssl-7.2.2-2.patch?rev=1.1&content-
type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup