Re: External Database Connection

From: "Serguei Mokhov" <sa_mokho(at)alcor(dot)concordia(dot)ca>
To: "Sean K(dot) Sell" <sean(at)nist(dot)gov>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: External Database Connection
Date: 2001-10-29 19:45:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

----- Original Message -----
From: Sean K. Sell <sean(at)nist(dot)gov>
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 11:27 AM

> Has anyone successfully hacked an external database table as a view.
>
> I was thinking that this may be possible using a C function and the Rules
> architecture but I don't have much experience with PostgreSQL so I thought I
> would check with the list to see what if anything others had attempted.

There is an upcoming implementation of schemas in PostgreSQL
hopefully for 7.3, and some work is being done already towards
it (see Bill Studenmund's proposed implementation of packages as a step
forward to the schemas and discussion arisen from it).
But for now, there is no such a hack to my knowledge.

-s