Re: PostgreSQL vs Oracle vs DB2 vs MySQL - Which should I use?

From: "Mitch Vincent" <mitch(at)venux(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL vs Oracle vs DB2 vs MySQL - Which should I use?
Date: 2001-02-16 01:49:36
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-general

> Yah. What I find is the developers set the general tone/culture of the
list.
> This affects the type of responses/support you get even from the other
list
> subscribers. So it's quite good here where you have kind and helpful
developers.

Helpful developers doesn't go near far enough..

I've seen (and still do see) commercial support that isn't up to the grade
of support I have gotten from the -general and -hackers lists. I can ask any
question and I *always* get a response within minutes from one of the core
developers.. I have yet to have a question go un-answered and I've been on
the list for a pretty long time! It just doesn't get much better than that
to me.

Thanks to all the people that have put up with my strange (and sometimes
amusing) questions!

-Mitch