Re: Connection Idle in transaction

From: "David Wall" <d(dot)wall(at)computer(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Connection Idle in transaction
Date: 2004-04-09 03:23:59
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
> That's the plan; it just needs implementing. There are also some
> interactions with changing transaction isolation levels that should be
> dealt with at the same time.
> This is somewhere on my todo list and I'll get to it eventually if noone
> else does, but there's quite a bit of other stuff ahead of it at the
> moment..

Wow, thanks.  Yeah, I agree about priorities.  The problem doesn't bother me
at all since we've not seen any issues with PG and it's worked like a champ
for several years in multiple deployments, including being used in Fortune
500 deployments, by our office edition licensees of Signed & Secured, and to
drive our public web service at  It's just been awesome, fast
and reliable.  In fact, when we had to port Oracle, we had to "dumb down"
our application a bit because of their odd handling of BLOBs, inability to
support multiple TEXT (LONG) fields in a single table and their shorter
table and field names.