delete cascade question

From: "Bradley Russell" <bradley(dot)russell(at)npcinternational(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: delete cascade question
Date: 2006-12-11 16:26:49
Lists: pgsql-novice
I'm using libpq and the PQexec function.  I am trying to figure out if I
execute a delete query on a table that has dependent tables with on
delete cascade set. Will the result return before or after the cascade
is finished?

I'm not having any luck finding anything in the docs as I am not sure on
the right terminology to use for this.

Thanks for any help!

Brad

pgsql-novice by date