Can a pl/perl function return NULL?

From: "Jeff Eckermann" <jeckermann(at)verio(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Can a pl/perl function return NULL?
Date: 2001-09-06 17:21:41
Lists: pgsql-general

I sure hope so, because I want to index the results of the function, and I
don't want the "nothing" results to be counted in query plans.
I thought "return undef" might do it, but that wasn't recognized as a NULL
in my test.
I can write a pl/pgsql function, but that will take at least five times as
long in this case :-)