Re: pgbench Comparison of 7.4.7 to 8.0.2

From: Thomas F(dot)O'Connell <tfo(at)sitening(dot)com>
To: Steve Poe <spoe(at)sfnet(dot)cc>
Cc: PgSQL - Performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgbench Comparison of 7.4.7 to 8.0.2
Date: 2005-04-25 15:44:24
Lists: pgsql-performance
Interesting. I should've included standard deviation in my pgbench
iteration patch. Maybe I'll go back and do that.

I was seeing oscillation across the majority of iterations in the 25
clients/1000 transaction runs on both database versions.

I've got my box specs and configuration files posted. If you see
anything obvious about the tuning parameters that should be tweaked,
please let me know.

Thanks for the feedback!

-tfo

--