PATH: SSL flexibility and documentation

From: "Chris Smith" <cdsmith(at)twu(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PATH: SSL flexibility and documentation
Date: 2004-02-18 19:55:16
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
[Sorry, resending -- I first sent this from the wrong email account, and I
think it got swallowed somewhere because that address is not subscribed to the
list.]

The attached patch:

    - Adds a section to the main driver README file regarding SSL.

    - Adds and documents a Driver.setSSLSocketFactory, which can be
      used to change the SSLSocketFactory (per my earlier response
      when this came up.

Please check my use of @SSL@ in Driver.java.in.  I wasn't sure whether we
consider it more important to ensure that Driver.java.in compiles against all
JDK versions, or to ensure that it has a consistent exposed interface in all
builds.  I opted for the former, but the choice can be changed by removing
@SSL@ around the method declaration for setSSLSocketFactory.  (Both could be
achieved at once with an ugly interface; if that's needed, I can resubmit that
way.)

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Michael NonemacherDate: 2004-02-18 21:02:21