PostgreSQL Jobs

From: "Steve Sergi" <steves(at)warriorsllc(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL Jobs
Date: 2012-07-12 20:23:39
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Hi, I'm own Warriors Recruiting in Northern VA, and a number of my clients
use PostgreSQL. We really struggle to find qualified candidates for
PostgreSQL. I'm attached my contact information below and would appreciate
it if you might post one of our PostgresSQL jobs here in Chantilly, VA.
I'd be happy to make a donation to the site if we can post the job.

Our job is located at
http://warriorsrecruitingjobs.hiringhook.com/jobseeker/1349__Database_Admini
strator_J01862156.aspx

Also pasted below:

Database Administrator

Our great client is currently seeking an experienced Database Administrator.
You will be responsible for the configuration, maintenance, monitoring and
tuning of a complex system of independent but interrelated RDBMS including
PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL Server, MS SQL, and Oracle.

Job Description:

* Perform the installation and upgrades of databases and supporting
software. Configure database and database software in accordance with
established guidelines. Responsible for the day-to-day management of all
database systems.
* Manage user access, create and delete database accounts and monitor
account privileges. Assist users in solving operational problems.
* Review proposed DDL changes to production databases and make
recommendations and or modifications to the production system based on those
changes.
* Proactively evaluate database security, make recommendations for
improvement and perform preventive maintenance by applying security updates
as required by ARIN policies Implement security practices and procedures to
in accordance with established guidelines.
* Evaluate, design and establish monitoring mechanisms for
performance, security, capacity and maintenance of databases. Monitor
systems and make corrections or recommendations to resolve issues as they
arise.
* Establish, manage, and supervise disaster recovery process in
accordance with established guidelines.
* Evaluate and make recommendations on database-related hardware and
software products based on an assessment of operating requirements.
* Contribute to the design, build, test, and implementation of
applications and systems as needed. Provide subject matter expertise on
database technology.
* Provide on-call support for all critical network and system
operations on a rotating basis. Provide secondary, escalated tier support
24x7 for all database-related problems that cannot be resolved by the first
tier system support staff.
* Provide backup support for network operations, and end user support.

Background/Skills Required

* 4-year college degree preferably in an information systems or
computer science related discipline. In lieu of education, 6 years of proven
DBA experience may be substituted.
* Minimum 4 years of job-related experience administering PostgreSQL
databases. HA experience is a plus.
* Minimum 2 years of job-related experience administering CentOS or
Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
* Proven ability to work with complex databases and database software
in a Linux operating environment. Ability to evaluate database performance
and tune appropriately. Ability to create reports on database contents.
* Ability to understand complex instructions and work independently.
* Ability to evaluate new hardware and software systems and make sound
recommendations.
* Good interpersonal skills. Strong verbal and written skills.

Background / Skills Preferred (Good to have)

* MySQL experience
* Crystal Reports experience
* SAN (esp. EMC) experience
* Cisco IOS experience
* BSD (esp. OpenBSD) experience
* Basic PC hardware experience (building, fixing PCs)
* Scripting experience, esp. with Bourne shell / BASH, Python, and
Perl
* Familiarity with IPv6
* Basic OS X and Windows (XP and 7) end user support experience.
* Basic Windows Server, Exchange, and AD experience

Great Benefits, Great location (Chantilly, VA)

* Group Health & Dental Insurance
* Group Vision Care
* Group Life/AD&D Insurance
* Group Short and Long Term Disability
* Group Travel and Accident Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
* Long Term Care Insurance
* Flexible Spending Account - dependent care and medical care
* 401(k) Retirement Plan- Up to 9% matching after first year of
service, all contributions are 100% vested
* Computer Loan Program
* 529 Savings Plan
* Education/Tuition Reimbursement - Up to $4,000 per year
* Training
* Casual Work Environment
* Complimentary Health Club Membership
* Twelve paid Holidays and Comprehensive Leave

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Steve Sergi

Warriors Recruiting