Using a cursor vs. not ?

From: "Paula Greve" <greve(at)securecomputing(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Using a cursor vs. not ?
Date: 2000-08-28 13:28:16
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi!

Sorry for the very trivial and probably obvious question -- but I have
looked all over the documentation and have been unable to find a discussion
on this.

When do I want to declare and use a cursor -- and why?

I have picked up support for a bunch of legacy code - and it makes no use of
cursors -- yet all of the examples do..

Thanks in advance!
Paula Greve