Intermittent Connection problems using JDBC

From: "Srinivas Kotapally" <ksrinivas(at)coriendo(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Intermittent Connection problems using JDBC
Date: 2007-06-07 22:21:58
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hi All
I am connecting to my DB using a JDBC connection and sometimes I get this error.
This is not consistent and does not happen all the time.  I have tried to use
various methods to troubleshoot this to no avail.  Can this occur if the
connection to the database is delayed?  I have noticed some network issues off
and on in our network.  What is the default connection timeout in pgsql-jdbc and
would that result in causing this error in the log OR is this an error that is
generated when the request reaches the DB host machine?  Please advise... we
getting tripped by this issue!
CDBConnectionPool.newConnection() : SQLException=
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused. Check that the hostname
and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Julius StroffekDate: 2007-06-08 08:18:55