Re: [INTERFACES] psql trerminal behaviour

From: "Tim Joyce" <tim(at)hoop(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "paneris administration" <administration(at)messageboards(dot)paneris(dot)org>, "Thomas Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>, <moray(dot)mcconnachie(at)computing-services(dot)oxford(dot)ac(dot)uk>, <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] psql trerminal behaviour
Date: 1999-09-28 15:24:25
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

thanks loads for the help.

what i did was:

rpm -Uvh readline-devel-2.2.1-5.i386.rpm

rm src/config.cache
make clean
make install

and it works.

i think that the postgres build should check more thoroughly that
/usr/include/readline/*.h exists and not let you make with out it, as pgsql
is quite unusable without arrow and del keys.

thanks again

Tim Joyce
Chief Enthusiast
01202 251 816

HOOP is proud to be a member of the Paneris community (