pst.setNull(2, Types.BLOB)

From: Tore Halset <halset(at)pvv(dot)ntnu(dot)no>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pst.setNull(2, Types.BLOB)
Date: 2005-02-16 12:05:31
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello.

I have just tried to upgrade my jdbc driver, but have a problem with
setNull for blobs. I am using postgresql-8.0-310.jdbc3.jar with
commons-dbcp-1.2.1.jar and postgresql-8.0.1.

The test table:
create table blobtest (a int primary key, b bytea);

Sql to reproduce the problem:
Connection conn = ...
PreparedStatement st = conn.prepareStatement("insert into
blobtest (a,b) values (?,?)");
st.setInt(1, 5);
st.setNull(2, Types.BLOB);
st.execute();
conn.commit();

Stacktrace:
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Unknown Types value.
at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.setNull(AbstractJdbc2Stateme
nt.java:1003)
at
org.postgresql.jdbc3.AbstractJdbc3Statement.setNull(AbstractJdbc3Stateme
nt.java:1445)
at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.setNull(DelegatingPr
eparedStatement.java:104)

Looks like AbstractJdbc2Statement are handling BINARY,VARBINARY and
LONGVARBINARY, but not BLOB. Is this a bug or should I not use
Types.BLOB?

Regards,
- Tore.