Re: Patch for Libpq enabled psqlodbc

From: "Anoop Kumar" <anoopk(at)pervasive-postgres(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch for Libpq enabled psqlodbc
Date: 2005-07-13 10:38:01
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi Dave,

I've added your Makefile to my sources, it eases things a lot :-).

I figured out the cause of the problem you encountered. In libpq
enabled version, I was using PQgetvalue method for getting the value
from the PGresult class. PQgetvalue returns an empty string, instead of
a null pointer, for a NULL field. So, the date value is converted to the
current date. I have just made a workaround for this (and trying for a
better one) and will send you the patch soon.

So glad that the first bug is reported by you, Dave!

Regards

Anoop