I've added your Makefile to my sources, it eases things a lot :-).
I figured out the cause of the problem you encountered. In libpq
enabled version, I was using PQgetvalue method for getting the value
from the PGresult class. PQgetvalue returns an empty string, instead of
a null pointer, for a NULL field. So, the date value is converted to the
current date. I have just made a workaround for this (and trying for a
better one) and will send you the patch soon.
So glad that the first bug is reported by you, Dave!
[mailto:pgsql-odbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of Dave Page
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 3:57 PM
To: Anoop Kumar; pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [ODBC] Patch for Libpq enabled psqlodbc
OK, replying to myself here :-)
Anoop: I've attached a new Makefile for Win32. This allows the user to
specify the PostgreSQL lib as well as include directories, and defaults
them both the the standard locations used by pgInstaller which should
apply to most users. I've not committed your patches yet, so for ease of
future application, if you can merge any fixes/updates back into your
code for the time being. Once everything looks like it's going well
(hopefully in the next few days), we can commit and work from CVS from
The other problem I spotted almost instantly that is a show stopper for
me before I even think about a test release, is that null dates are
coming through as todays date. For example, in one of my apps, a
non-null scrap_date column indicates that a piece of equipment has been
scrapped. Currently all our kit appears to have been scrapped today or
earlier! I haven't looked into why this is happening as I'm quite busy
ATM, but I'm guessing it won't be too hard to track down.
As an aside to the other list members: this update is very large and
most definately requires extensive testing, so when the demo is ready,
please download it and hammer it as much as possible. If anyone has some
spare time and wants to work on a regression test suite, that would be
of immense value to the project.
From: Dave Page
Sent: 12 July 2005 10:03
To: 'Anoop Kumar'; pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: Patch for Libpq enabled psqlodbc
Wow, that's some size of patch (and great to see - well done to
you and your colleagues at Pervasive)! I think the best bet is for me to
produce a test build that we can then distribute for people on the list
to test. I'll try to do that today or tomorrow.
Are you ready for the inevitable flood of bug reports? :-)
From: Anoop Kumar [mailto:anoopk(at)pervasive-postgres(dot)com]
Sent: 12 July 2005 09:44
Cc: Dave Page
Subject: Patch for Libpq enabled psqlodbc
Here is the patch for the libpq enabled psqlodbc. Please
provide your suggestions and feedbacks on this to help improving the
performance and rectifying other issues.
It is just the first step towards a more efficient and
stable psqlodbc, and needs a lot of improvements which heavily depends
on the contributions from the community.
libpqconnection.h, attached as a separate file should be
added to the source folder.
Thanks and Regards
pgsql-odbc by date
|Next:||From: Dave Page||Date: 2005-07-13 10:49:09|
|Subject: Re: Patch for Libpq enabled psqlodbc|
|Previous:||From: Marko Ristola||Date: 2005-07-13 10:21:32|
|Subject: Re: Problems with ODBC and ASP .NET 2.0|