Re: Frontend/Backend protocol 3.0

From: "Sivakumar K" <sivakumark(at)pervasive-postgres(dot)com>
To: <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, <fuerth(at)sqlpower(dot)ca>
Cc: <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Frontend/Backend protocol 3.0
Date: 2005-06-07 05:49:12
Lists: pgsql-interfacespgsql-odbc

Hi all,

We, at Pervasive, are working in making the ODBC driver use the libPQ
API
while retaining the socket connection too (using a compile time flag).
We
are planning to provide a lump-sum update on this task since it does not
make sense for incremental updates. We are also doing bug-fixing and
closing
open bugs (where we can) in the drivers which are provided as
incremental
updates. I will post an email on approach shortly.

Regards,
Siva Kumar.K