Re: ODBC problem with Microsoft Word and Excel

From: "Karl Denninger" <karl(at)denninger(dot)net>
To: "'George Weaver'" <gweaver(at)shaw(dot)ca>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC problem with Microsoft Word and Excel
Date: 2007-03-05 15:31:02
Lists: pgsql-odbc

If I create a blank “.UDL” file I can then stick in that and it appears to
work, but its SEVERELY limited.

I can’t get at anything from Word EXCEPT for the single database that I
defined in the SQL setup in “Data Sources” – and I can only have one on the
machine!  This is a potential problem of course…… there’s a lot more than
one database on the SQL server…..

But – it DOES appear to work for mail merge this way – its just kludgy as

-- Karl Denninger  HYPERLINK "mailto:karl(at)denninger(dot)net"karl(at)denninger(dot)net

Diving?  See HYPERLINK ""