Re: How to interact with the db using java

From: "Glenn Wiorek" <gwiorek(at)jmlafferty(dot)com>
To: "Shravan" <pgshravan(at)sancharnet(dot)in>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to interact with the db using java
Date: 2003-11-24 18:38:23
Lists: pgsql-admin
First you must have java support  enabled (--with-java)  when you configure postgres for compiling.  This will enable java support build the correct JDBC drivers based on your Java SDK version.  Besides reading  http://jdbc.postgresql.org/  as Peter pointed out, you may want to also look at the PostgreSQL developer documentation for the JDBC Interface http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/jdbc.html  or http://candle.pha.pa.us/main/writings/pgsql/sgml/jdbc.html  which gives connection and programming examples.