Re: String Search

From: "David Johnston" <polobo(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "'Fabio Ebner - Dna Solution'" <fabio(dot)ebner(at)dnasolution(dot)com(dot)br>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: String Search
Date: 2012-10-04 19:57:28
Lists: pgsql-sql

You are going to need to phrase a better question.

In the meantime please read the documentation on the various built-in string
functions available. I've provided links to the function index page (look
for "string functions") as well as PostgreSQL's full text search capability
since both are "string" related.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/interactive/functions.html

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/interactive/textsearch.html

My best guess is you want to learn about substring functions and/or regular
expressions.

David J.