Re: Seems that majordomo stopped working forpgAdmin-support?

From: "Daniel B(dot) Thurman" <dant(at)cdkkt(dot)com>
To: "Pgadmin-Support \(E-mail\)" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Seems that majordomo stopped working forpgAdmin-support?
Date: 2007-09-19 16:20:40
Lists: pgadmin-support

>> >For some reason, I sent a post and it has never reached the
>> >pgAdmin-support
>> >site, nor have I been receving any more new or replied
>> >postings? I noticed this
>> >problem occurred yesterday (9/18/07) somtime in the afternoon
>> >(~1:00PM PST)?
>> >
>> >Thanks -
>> >Dan
>> >

>> I have received this message, but I resent what I thought I posted
>> but it did not appear and perhaps is blocked by majordomo due to an
>> attachment file that is too large? I attached a jpeg image file that
>> was 830K in size? Is there a size posting limit?
>
>Yes thankfully - it's around 40K iirc. I would be somewhat less than
>inclined to help had I had to download an unsolicited image of
>that size
>on my pda (on which I regularly read email).
>
>If you need to provide images of that size, please bung them on a
>website and provide a link to them (with an appropriate warning).
>
>What the heck is it anyway? 830K is one helluva size for a
>screenshot...
>
>Regards, Dave.

I send an elaborate configuration image of the pgAdmin setup with all
the properties show for both the Master and Slave. I was hoping that
you could see what I had done as far as setting things up. I was also
hoping that this might aide others who may be trying to see the setup
for what it should/might be? Perhaps this is over-the-top but I am
trying to figure out how to setup the replication implementation.

So far, I did get the (manual) slons working but as posted as a follow
up, I am having all sorts of issues now.

The problems I have encountered:

1) I was unable to run slonik with the configuration file that had the
Cluster Name = Copper-Master-Cluster entry because I *think* that
slonik did not like '-'. So I ended up terminating the manually
running slons, deleted the Replication for the master side, and
attempted to do the same for the slave side, and I discovered that
I was not allowed to do that because there was an error message saying
that I was not allowed to delete the replication sets because there
was a dependency issue that being it was a provider?

So I went the whole hog trying to find every entry in the replication
structure and tried to delete the listeners, the nodes, etc. and again
was not able to because of another dependency (the replication sets),
so it turned out to be circular. Giving up, I ended up deleting the
entire slave-side database, rebuilt it, and then was able to define a
new Cluster Name but without the '-' in the name.

2) Now at this point, I am still having a problem trying to figure out why
I am unable to get replication to work with the slons running. I see no
errors reported from the debug strings on both master/slave sides and the
odd thing here is that, I tried to update an entry in the Master-side database
for the MyTest.cars table and I get an error reporting: "An error has occurred:
ERROR: Slony-I: Table cars is replicated and cannot be modified on a subscriber
node"...

The odd thing here (maybe?) that I was previously unable to define a new sequence
because there was nothing available in the Sequence dropdown list, so I ignored
this and proceeded to create a subscrition anyway.

Again, once the subscription is created, I cannot 'start over' and delete the entire
replication set both for the master and slave sides.

Very odd, so it seems....

But then again, I am a newbie ;)

Checked by AVG Free Edition.