Handling timestampz datatype

From: "David Busby" <busby(at)pnts(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Handling timestampz datatype
Date: 2002-11-06 18:08:02
Lists: pgsql-php

List,
How are you all dealing with the timestampz data type in your PG/PHP
applications? I cannot seem to find the reliable way to deal with them (for
display purposes). My timestampz column comes into my PHP script as a text
string, I have to convert (using strtotime()) first then use strftime() to
format it. Any ideas on the easy way to do this?

/B