Re: namedatalen part 2 (cont'd)

From: "Rod Taylor" <rbt(at)zort(dot)ca>
To: "Neil Conway" <nconway(at)klamath(dot)dyndns(dot)org>
Cc: "Hackers List" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: namedatalen part 2 (cont'd)
Date: 2002-04-24 03:12:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Haven't several people observed that the results from pgbench are
> very inconsistent? Perhaps some results from OSDB would be
worthwhile...

I've not looked very hard at OSDB. But it doesn't seem to run out of
the box.

> Based on that data, I'd vote against making any changes to
NAMEDATALEN.

I'm fine with that so long as that SERIAL thing fixed before 7.3 is
released but someone was asking about benches with recent changes to
name hashing. Seems degradation is closer to 10% per double rather
than 15% as before.