SQL Maestro Group announces the release of PostgreSQL Maestro 7.12, a
powerful Windows GUI solution for PostgreSQL administration and database
Please note that before December 31 you can purchase PostgreSQL Maestro and
our other products and bundles with a 25% discount. Merry Christmas!
PostgreSQL 8.3 management extensions:
1. Support for ENUM types has been added. You can create new such types,
edit existing ones and, of course, drop unnecessary types. Also the
corresponding editor has been implemented in the Data Grid (also works for
domains based on ENUM types, domains based on domains based on ENUM types
and so on).
2. Function management: now it is possible to set up the environment for a
function as well as customize its execution cost and estimated number of
rows returned by a set-returning function.
3. Support for XML and UUID types has been implemented.
Other server management extensions:
1. The Rule permission is no longer displayed for PostgreSQL 8.2+ because it
was removed in that release for security reasons.
2. SQL parser now accepts queries with !~~, ~~, ~~* and !~~* operators (SQL
Formatter, View Editor).
1. The SQL Generator tool has been implemented. Use this feature to produce
various SQL scripts (CREATE, DROP, SELECT, INSERT, etc) for the selected
object. The result script can be saved to a file, copied to clipboard, and
opened in SQL Editor or SQL Script Editor.
2. Data Grid: the notification pane is now displayed after simple mode
activation (filtering, grouping and sorting features are not supported in
this mode). All the related settings can be customized in the Options
3. Data Grid: the Generate Query command has been added to the Table / View
Editor. Use this command to copy current filter conditions to the SQL Editor
window as an SQL query. It is also possible to copy filter condition to
clipboard as WHERE clause using grid's popup menu.
4. Data Grid: now it is possible to encrypt the contents of the selected
cell by the md5 algorithm (the corresponding item has been added to grid's
5. Object editors, SQL Editor, Database Designer, BLOB Viewer and other
database-dependent windows: only connected databases are now displayed in
the drop-down list.
6. Some other minor improvements and corrections.
Full press release:
SQL Maestro Group is engaged in developing complete database admin and
management tools for MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, SQLite,
Firebird and MaxDB providing the highest performance, scalability and
reliability to meet the requirements of today's database applications.
The SQL Maestro Group Team
pgsql-announce by date
|Next:||From: Jeff Davis||Date: 2007-12-14 05:19:52|
|Subject: ruby-pg is now the official postgres ruby gem|
|Previous:||From: David Fetter||Date: 2007-12-12 02:04:38|
|Subject: Re: == Postgres Weekly News - December 09 2007 ==|