Re: test / live environment, major performance difference

From: "Dave Dutcher" <dave(at)tridecap(dot)com>
To: "'Christo Du Preez'" <christo(at)mecola(dot)com>, <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: test / live environment, major performance difference
Date: 2007-06-11 16:16:52
Lists: pgsql-performance

Different plans can be caused by several different things like different
server versions, different planner settings in the config file, different
schemas, or different statistics. You say the server versions are the same,
so that's not it. Is the schema the same? One isn't missing indexes that
the other has? Do they both have the same data, or at least very close to
the same data? Have you run analyze on both of them to update their
statistics? Do they have the same planner settings in the config file? I
would check that stuff out and see if it helps.

Dave