[INTERFACES] C++ Builder (Delphi), ODBC and large objects

From: "angg" <angg(at)vng(dot)ru>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: [INTERFACES] C++ Builder (Delphi), ODBC and large objects
Date: 1998-10-21 04:23:27
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

David Hartwig (DH) wrote:
ANGG wrote:

ANGG>> 1 Does anybody use large objects with C++ Builder (Delphi), BDE,
ODBC,
ANGG>> PostgreSQL?

DH>Yes, occasionally - without any problem.

WHO?!!! Answer me, please (the problem makes me trow out half a year's work
as useless garbage).

DH>Have you seen
DH> http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc/psqlodbc_faq.html#largeobjects

Yes, I create large object as it reccomends
create type lo (
internallength=4, externallength=10,
input=int4in, output=int4out,
default='', passedbyvalue
);
and have all the problems I say here about.

By the way, PostgreSQL's man create_type recommends another way to create
the large object type:
create type bigobj (
input = lo_filein,
output = lo_fileout,
internallength = variable
);

But I have no Idea how should I implement lo_infile and lo_outfile. Can
anybody tell me how, or point to the information source.

Thank you, Mikhail.