re : libpq++ - getting it to work

From: "KaDe" <kade(at)carolo(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: re : libpq++ - getting it to work
Date: 1998-10-07 01:01:10
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

>Does anyone have a BEGINNER's guide to installing the interface and basic
usage??
>Thank you in advance!

Did you get an answer ?

I think the problem is a question of path ...
you have to add something as -L.. -pq -pq++ as parameters for your gcc
command.
I can't remember precisely, have a look in the makefile of the libpq++
directory and try to guess.
I resolved the problem of the path access copying all the headers files of
postgres 1 level of directory upper.
I'm sure there is a smarter way, but I've not yet found it.
(I hear the laughts of those who know !)

As you can see, I'm not a guru, but I'd like to help and be helped since
documentation for libpq++ is either well hidden, either simply not included.
(I think I've heard about man pages, but I was unable to find these; all
I've found is some sample progs and a makefile that won't work ...)

Is it "normal" ? Is it because of the Debian distrib & packages ?

It's not a good answer, but it's my best one.
Hope this will decide some expert to help us.

KaDe